It comes to that time of year again of reflection, reflecting about the past 12 months and what you’ve achieved, whether it’s been a good year, a great year, or whether January 1st just can’t come quick enough. I did a similar post this time last year (https://bellasbits.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/gonna-party-like-its-2012/), I do just find it so amazing seeing how far you come. It’s only when you really sit and think about it, that you realise it. Here’s what I’ve done this year:
- Celebrated New Year in Bruges, Belgium, one hour ahead of London!
- Created the term #SNOLO (Holla, snow day, anyone?!)
- Appeared on national television, on the hit BBC1 show ‘Pointless’.
- Had a lovely getaway to Portsmouth to celebrate V Day.
- Partook in the ‘Pure Dance’ dance show in front of hundreds of people with my university street dance competition team.
- Competed at one of the biggest university dance competitions in Loughborough with my street dance competition team.
- Celebrated my birthday (ever so slightly early!) with a murder mystery party.
- Once again, attended the amazing Ideal Home Show and at ate at Greg Wallace’s restaurant.
- Attended my first ever baby shower for a great friend.
- Celebrated my 21st birthday with a getaway to beautiful hotel in Bath.
- Sat (and passed!) my university final exams.
- Spent an incredible 3 and a half weeks in Sydney and the Gold Coast, Australia.
- Moved into my first ever grown-up flat with Boyfriend.
- Went to the Cricket for the first time.
- Graduated from university with a BA Geography 2:1 (Hons)
- Spent a fabulous two weeks in Cyprus.
- Had a lovely few and relaxing days in the Isle of Man.
- Learnt to like red wine (this is a big one!).
- Went Glamping for the first time.
- Rejoined my local dance school, that I have attended since I was 11!
- Began a Masters course in London.
- Joined the gym.
- Went on my first ever London night out.
- Saw Jessie J perform live at the O2.
- Joined a church Gospel Choir.
- Celebrated 3 years with Boyfriend with a weekend city break to Barcelona.
- Performed with the church Gospel Choir in a Christmas carol concert.
- Celebrate Christmas with a wonderful few days away in the Isle of Man.
Wow, when you write it all down like that, it really does seem like a lot. Whilst Bella’s Bits is a place for me to chat to you all about clothes and make-up, it’s also a place where I share some of the bigger, more important things in my life, like my take on political or ethical issues, for example. It’s also my little diary like slice of the internet where I can think about what I’ve achieved, and looking at 2013, I’m proud! I really have done so much this year and am so proud and happy with what I’ve achieved. I feel so blessed with the life and opportunities I’ve been given. You know, I can’t really do it justice here, there aren’t any words!
I would really encourage you to do as I have, go through your year, and really think about what you’ve achieved. Think about your friends, your dreams, your family, your hopes, your travels, anything that inspires you to wake up the next day and keep going.
Fall in love with life in 2014, I dare you.
(FYI – I’m taking a bloggy break over the holidays, so have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I’ll see you in 2014. Toodaloo!)