So a couple of weeks ago I posted about what had happened in May so far, me thinking that a plethora of things would happen between then and now, but alas, I was wrong. A heatwave happened. And with heatwaves come BBQs, bikinis and beer. Nothing to complain about mind you, just not much to blog about. So here’s a snappy round up of the second half of may.
1) BBQ Season! Here’s a photo of me looking pretty unimpressed caught off guard with my king prawn skewers. Absolutely delicious. Chop up two or three cloves of garlic and melt up about a quarter of a tub of butter in a sauce pan then stir together and pour over king prawns in a bowl. Make sure that all the prawns are coated in the garlic butter marinade and pop in the fridge for an hour. Then stick them on some skewers and BBQ them for ten to fifteen minutes. Perfect. I’m wearing crop bandeau from New Look and maxi skirt from BooHoo.
2) And exams have ended! Which means plenty of wild nights out and about, including those where you carry chairs back at three in the morning. Standard student fun.
3) Sorry for being soppy, but I kind of love this picture of me and the boy. I’m wearing a TK Maxx dress and his shirt is from Topman. This weekend we’re celebrating our 18 month anniversary (all together now, awwwwwwwww) by road tripping to Newquay for surfing and the Diamond Jubilee. Going to be lush!
4) More cooking! I don’t know what’s come over me. Here is a homemade pizza that I produced as procrastination one day. From scratch! We made the dough (with a pre mix pack but come on!), added mozzarella and pizza sauce, chorizo, salami and olives. And did I mention the cheese string stuffed crust?! Delicious.
5) With procrastination, has come the arrival of a new card game; S***Head. Don’t ask me why it’s called that, I really don’t know. All I know is that it’s one of the most fun card games I have ever played and we play it pretty much all the time. Google it.
6) And this pic is just another garden shot. Story of our freaking lives.