Basically, May has been SUCH a hectic month, it always it. The sun is just beginning to show its gorgeous face, exams are looming, there’s far too much work to be done … thus the inevitable need for distraction and fun!
1) We went to Thorpe Park! It was very weird actually, we drove down for the day in the cold, wet and wind and seeing as Thorpe Park is very close to my home, it was very bizarre to drive all that way and not actually go home. Here shows Emily (being the most sensibly dressed out of us all wearing proper waterproof hiking gear), Eimear (in her famous Southampton Scarf who she supports to the death), Jamie (in wellies, a very good idea) and myself (in Dorothy Perkins denim jacket (WHY did I think that was a good idea?!), Topshop dress, Florence and Fred jeggings (again, WHY?!) and Reebok trainers (and what?!)). It was an amazing day, especially seeing as Eimear had never been before. Because the weather was so awful there was barely anyone there, meaning we got on every ride in about ten minutes, amaze!
2) Draw Something! I’ve recently discovered this Android App, and its amazing! Basically, the idea is that its quite like Pictionary, you draw something for someone and they draw something back and you gain points to buy more colours and words … simples!
3) STA Travel! For those of you who don’t know, the boyfriend and I have booked to go backpacking around Thailand for a month (where I will TRY and blog but I have no idea how successful I will be), meaning countless trips in and out of STA Travel in Southampton, in fact we’ve got another one tomorrow. I just love it in there. Everyone that works there is so cool and friendly and has been to millions of places and just done the most amazing things, I want to be in their gang! If you’ve ever booking a far flung hol, I would absolutely recommend it.
4) My beautiful new Cath Kidston bag :) I had quite a bit of money from my Birthday left over and was desperate for this bag in the white with the spring colour flowers, but alas, it had sold out EVERYWHERE. So after many hours or scouring the internet high and low, I found the brown version which I still absolutely LOVE. A Summer and Winter bag, that’s waterproof and won’t get dirty. Score.
5) Now, to any chefs out there, do you remember that rush, that satisfaction the first time you cooked a proper meal, and it was delicious and people enjoyed it? I experienced that for the first time this May Bank Holiday. After a failed attempt to go to a Boot Fair (that had already closed by the time we got there, at 10.30am pffftttt), we decided to have a quick Tesco run and whilst in there, I was struck by inspiration. May Day Bank Holiday = Roast Dinner, and so the quest began. After four hours running around our absolutely tiny kitchen that I share with 8 others, yelling profanities having filled up every single hob and oven shelf much to the annoyance of the housies, I did it. And it was incredible.
6) Southampton in the sun! After 18 months of living here, I walked to town for the first time and it was delightful. Normally I get the bus or drive but in the sun I thought, hey, let’s walk. And it was lovely, sun and Southampton = perfect combo.
7) I’ve officially handed in all of my Second Year Coursework – hurrah! So inevitably this called for a 10.30am trip to the pub to drink pints and play pool, and not leave all day. Lush.
8) And this weekend, the weather was so divine and the boyfriend and I were getting so stressed out about work and exams we decided to just escape and head off to the New Forest for the day, which was absolutely beautiful. We found a few villages and bought lots of ice cream, got scared by lots of horses before we found a clearing where we played cards, played frisbee and got burnt. Bliss.